Tuesday, December 19, 2006

12/19/06

Just a quickie today. It snowed for about 5 days and as of the 18th there is 13 inches of snow. The 18th was a gorgous wind and snow free day with sun. Spent a good amt of time snow blowing the deck area around the main lodge house and blowing off the floating deck.

I am working on a new slide show which I will post either tonight or tomorrow so please see those pics.

Was woken up bright and early this morning (not so bright as the sun wasn't up yet) by a wrong number (someone telling me my ups package would be delivered by 9:45...thanks Sandra) and then Jeremiah IMing me over and over right after the phone stopped ringing. Since my oldest daughter has been sick and was in the hospital, I thought maybe it was my ex husband or her husband calling with news. So I decided to just stay up. My daughter is fine btw way. Just some pregnancy related thing.

Saw the mama sea otter with her baby out of the water and on the dock. and then the bottom fell out. Winds were whipping through here most of the day. I estimated them at least 20 mph and the snow fall was extremely heavy. Lost power in the middle of it, so had fun hooking generators up. Very glad I got the deck and path cleared of snow yesterday.

Electricity was only out about an hour. Not bad.

Spike actually went out twice during the high winds. Cat is turning in to a true wilderness snow kitty. I have pics of him going through the 13 inch snow yesterday. They will be on the new slide show.

Went back out around a quarter to 4 to put everything up and do the evening rounds. Figured another 3 to 4 inches fell today. I walked out into an uncleared portion of the main deck and sank into snow up to my knees. That is 19 inches of snow.

According to the weather advisory, we can expect 4 - 8 inches tonight and tomorrow. I can feel another turn with the snow blower coming on.

Well way more tomorrow. I have pics, some news news, comments on some really stupid advertising etc. So stay tuned.

Like my snowflakes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey that video was hilarious! Almost spit my coffee all over the monitor listening/watching that! Ha! Roy